Monday, November 21, 2011

Oh Christmas Tree - Pot Stand!



My Ballard Design Inspired Tree Stand!






So I saw this tree stand in my Ballard Design catalog and just HAD to have it!


Only one slight problem...IT'S $99!!!


As I usually do, I e-mailed my mom telling showing her this awesome find and asking for her to keep an eye out for something a little LESS expensive.


About a week later I received a phone call: "I found a pot in the neighbor's garbage, I think it might work for your tree project. It's on the porch if you want to take a look at it." - Haha my mom's the best...not many people can say that their mother goes trash picking for them! :P


THE FIND:



She needed a little fixin' up but it wasn't anything a little caulk couldn't fix.


Caulk - Already Owned


Pot - FREE

Spray Paint - $4.99 + 40% off = $2.99!!!








Merry Christmas!!!

16 comments:

  1. Love it more than the Ballard Designs one! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG - my mouth fell open! This is so beautiful and you cannot beat FREE, even if you did have to buy paint. What a fab idea - I'm pinning it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great find! Congrats to your mom on her kean eye. I agree with Denise, your pot looks even better

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great find! Awesome mom you have! Great makeover! Like it better than Ballards!! Would love for you to share this makeover at my party!
    http://theshadyporch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. ..cool Christmas tree
    ..i love the way you decorate it..

    *_* maica *_* Buy and Sell

    ReplyDelete
  6. So perfect!!
    I'd love it if you could link this project up at my Simply Christmas event at: http://shabbyartboutique.blogspot.com/2011/11/inspiration-friday.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. How do you get your tree to stand up in there?!?! I tried to do the same thing last year but had a hard time getting it to stand straight. Any ideas would be great!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Melissa, I actually just put a block of styrofoam in the bottom of the base. I then used packing materials from a Crate & Barrel shipment to keep it from moving from side to side. Hope that helps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gotta love your momma ;) Looks gorgeous!!I shared it to my fb page =) With the direct link to your post. Happy Holidays =)))

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute! I love the look and you are SO lucky to have a Mom like yours! I would love for you to share this with our readers at our 4th Friday Finale at Over the Big Moon!
    Lisa
    http://overthebigmoon.blogspot.com/2011/11/4th-friday-finale-112511.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it, I might just have to make something like this for my house! Thanks for sharin. Im visiting from Over the Big Moon! www.youhavebeenframed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I so want to do this now. I like yours even more than Ballards. Thanks for linking to the Home Decor and Organizing Link Party. I featured this today.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's perfect...I'm your newest follower...going back to look around some more...come on over for a visit too!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. love it! i love urns in general but when you add the christmas tree it looks even better! so cute!

    ReplyDelete